.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Love and Koolaid Stains

Email me I'd love to hear from you! talulazephyr@yahoo.com Copyright 2005-2006

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

One like no other

Ahh the days that you can't live without. The kind that kick you around just a little to make sure you still have the good fight in you. That was today. Exhausting, wonderful and just plain fun; today was full of everything.

The day started early... Doc T came over last night. We stayed up talking till the weeee hours. Its so easy to lose track of time with him. This left me with about 3 hours of sleep. Not too bad, I thought. The alarm rings for me to wake up. I punch it a few times before I realize the critters are up and stirring. In fact they had been up for at least an hour before I rolled out of bed. Toys all over the living room and a roaring drum solo came out of my office. (Turtle plays the drums.) So I make sure everyone's clothes are on the right way and grab my soaking wet phone to head out the door. Wait a minute, soaking wet phone? Crap, my phone was suffocated by a tea soaked sock, I know that's hard to imagine but trust me it was a sock that fell into a cup of tea, left dangle out the top of the glass only to filter the tea onto the phone directly underneath it. My phone is fried like a brain on some good stuff man. I mean its really fudged. None of the buttons work except for the 4, which apparently is my sister's speed dial button. Sorry C, I didn't really call your house 40 times today and hang up.

Ok kids in the car... on the way to school. Music is on and everyone is happy. Wait everyone but Turtle. Then Froggy tells me its Turtle's half-bday and I forgot. CRAP!! Turtle never got to celebrate his half bday before and I promised him at the beginning of the school year he could. He always missed out on bringing treats to school. I calmed everyone down and promised Turtle I would return to school with treats for his class. And since he forgot his backpack as well, it was a good thing I had to drive all the way back in town for the cupcakes.

Ok done with kid's school for now... off to the phone store. PLEASE FIX THIS THING, HONEST I DON"T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! That story worked until he opened it up. Crap on a stick, I had the "warranty" but apparently is doesn't cover tea soaked socks. And since I'm in a contract... this is now my only means of communication with the outside world. Tomorrow I will have my old crapity-crap-crap phone hooked back up.

Ok screw the phone guy... onto cupcakes. I get the cupcakes and backpack. Run back up to school. See Froggy's aide in the hall. Talk to her for a long time. It was really great to see her.

Alright now my REAL day can start. Off to my school. Butterfly and me are painting the town today. We got my parking pass, books and I treated myself to an awesome backpack. YAH SCHOOL! Got Butterfly her free cookie from the cafe and off to the dreaded wall-crap for more supplies. Spent as little time and money at the hell of discount stores as possible. Then went home for our nap. YAH NAP! (Stealin my cheering from Doc T, he thinks its therapeutic, lmao. I just think its crazy I dig it.) Now I had the alarm set for the right time, but for some reason I hate time. I wake up 20 minutes late. OH CRAP, MY BOYS!! My poor little orphaned boys are waiting at school. The sad little faces that greet me at that door. It is now my mission to cheer them up and show them I care.

BIG OLE HORSE CRAP!!!! I forgot Froggy had a Doctor appt. at 6 an hour and a half drive away. Shoot and my mom was going to come watch the other two so I could take him. Longer story short, I had no phone to remind my mom so I took all the kids to Froggy's appt. Traffic was terrible. But the kids had a great time in the car and so did I. We talked, ate and sang the whole way there. It was really nice. And after the great appt., I took us all for milkshakes. (Great tip for car rides, milkshakes take a long time to finish and they keep little mouths busy :)

So moral of the day... lemons taste so much better as lemonade :)... Happy Week All!!

3 Comments:

Blogger KTreva said...

Great way to make lemonade!

Sorry about the phone vs. sock incident but it did make for a great story!

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talula! Whoh! Yes, I've had days like this.. Minus the Kiddies :( Of course. :)

Well, look on the bright side. At Doc T. LOL Came over! Wait a minute. What is he a Doc Of... Oh, forget it. I know. LOL

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tired from reading that.

I'm taking a nap now :-)

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home