.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Love and Koolaid Stains

Email me I'd love to hear from you! talulazephyr@yahoo.com Copyright 2005-2006

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Take a Walk

As I walk through the snow,
I glance at the path behind me.
Ahead lays the fresh white pillow
waiting for my impression.

Each mark is my own.
The depth, width and stride
determined by the
emotional and physical gravity
I lay to it.

I step forward
pressing tenderly.
Soft while fluff
puffs around my shoe.

Pressing deeper
into the gentle blanket.
Hearing the crunch
beneath me.

Falling to my knees,
weeping.
Every spark inside
relit.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn Girl. :) When are you going to publish for money?

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right.....this one did help after a down day. The ability to share your emotions and ideas to an extent that it helps others is a wonderful gift.

I'm realizing that it's the most difficult times in life that are the best to capture with pen, and to see it done with such swiftness is a wonderful thing. Thanks for sharing.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home