.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Love and Koolaid Stains

Email me I'd love to hear from you! talulazephyr@yahoo.com Copyright 2005-2006

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Top 5 Xmas Movies...

5. The Snowman. It just reminds me of being 10, sitting in the auditorium of our school on a winter day packed with the whole school, shyly smiling at Tommy W. while giggling with my girlfriends.

4. A Christmas Story. As a child I hated this movie. I thought it trivialized the role children played in the holidays and made them seem stupid. I hated the fact that he poked his eye out. As an adult I began to appreciate the cultural satire the movie brought to a very wide audience.

3. Charlie Brown Christmas. Because I love the cleverness of the Snoopy. Because everytime I hear that piano it reminds me of evergreens.

2. Elf. I love it because its a new movie that is so simple and pure. The more recent holiday movies have all strayed from simple themes and have gotten so diluted and complex. Buddy the human elf is like an adult child. I often wish for at least one day all the adults in the world could remember what it was like to be an awe inspired child as they caught fresh snow on their tongue. The wonder and magic of childhood should always be in our hearts.

1. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Oh my goodness. I have such a love for this movie. The snowman narrator Burl Ives, the abomidable snowman, and the elf who wants to be a dentist. A true Christmas classic. The songs warm my heart and the island of misfit toys... I wanted to live there. Has to be my no. 1 and my children's' now as well.

Have the most wonderful holidays ever, may this year be filled with love and simplicity.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Sweetie...

As your unoficial biggest critic, I can't believe you skipped over 'National Lampoons Christmas'. I mean.....the sled burning to nothing. Kicking the plastic Santa in the yard....and 'It's getting a little nipley'. Gotta be at least in the top two.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoh! I'm not the only Looney One in the world. I TOTALLY agree with Todd!

10:52 PM  
Blogger TalulaZephyr said...

alright alright... i cant believe i left that one out!!! make it 1.5 lmao!!

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home