.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Love and Koolaid Stains

Email me I'd love to hear from you! talulazephyr@yahoo.com Copyright 2005-2006

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Friday, December 09, 2005

Get LAID... off

OK I hate posting when I'm emotional, but here it is and consider yourself warned.

I just got "laid off" today. My position was eliminated. In reality they wanted to get rid of me. I guess I can't blame them. I didn't fit their culture and I couldn't play by their rules. But now I'm scared. I am a single mother of 3 children who is now unemployed.

Ok enough with that, back on my feet. Time to hit the ground running and all. Their must be a position for a brilliant poet who speaks her mind, right? Just kidding, I can pretend to be polite, really i can. Don't worry about me folks, this is the first time I've ever been let go and it probobly wont be the last. I have a strong shell, i just have to build up the weak spots.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talula, Screw em if you did not fit in and all that jive crap. lol Where did that come from? Anyhow, Use this opportunity to better yourself. I know you have to take about any job that comes around, but that does not mean you cannot continue to look for what you want! Go get-em Girl!

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{hugs} And I'm praying that it goes the way you want!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Contagion said...

I'm so sorry. Hopefully everything will work out for the better.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like I said at Tammi's - living well is the best revenge! You can do it - you can find a new job that's good for you - just don't sell yourself short!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

ughh and at Christmas..

that is pretty rough one to take...

pray for you and yours tonight...

11:08 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

If there's anything I can do, just holler.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Richmond said...

So sorry. We recently went through a "lay off" at my house (that has since been resolved).

I'm sending positive thoughts your way. I hope the perfect position comes along quickly.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Ogre said...

Sorry to hear that! But you're doing what you should -- buck up and move right along! Best of luck with quick future prospects!

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that! I will be thinking of you with fingers crossed. I'm not worried though, you have the right attitude.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home