.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Love and Koolaid Stains

Email me I'd love to hear from you! talulazephyr@yahoo.com Copyright 2005-2006

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Sanctuary

The last straw was pulled from my thinly woven hat today.

I had a pretty interesting day to say the least. But I think the experience that sums it up best is as follows:

Since I have worked at my job I have been alotted two 15 min breaks. When I started the guys in the machine shop had a card game every break. It took me months to get the opputunity to play cards with them. One day they were short a player and they asked me to join. I was overjoyed to be included in their ritual. We have been playing together for months. Taunting, bragging, laughing and just taking a good old fashioned break from our daily routines. It was my slice of peace at work. Today it ended. My boss has taken it away from me. I reminded him that it was the ONLY perk I got from this company. It did not matter. Its over.

For those that know me, I'm sure you understand what a blow this is to me. You know how long it took for me to be accepted by the "guys." I really have nothing else to say about my work now, it is dead to me. There is no more they can take from me now and I am going to leave. I am just very sad it had to work out this way. I would have helped them grow and construct great customer relations. They will never appreciate my time and effort. So it's time to find a company that will come a little closer to my goals and expectations. It may seem that I am a bit opptimistic about businesses and their relationships with employees. In reality I have no choice, the only thing that keeps me going right now is knowing there is a company out there that will allow me to grow with them and help to make the company stronger. I worked for such a company once and had to leave or relocate. Relocation is not a real option for a single mother of three. But I had it once, a company that recognized my potential and fed it willingly. I know its out there and I will find it again. I just want the oppurtunity to work my butt off, make a difference and be respected all at the same time. I will never again waste a moment of my time working anywhere different.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

{hugs}

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

more {hugs}

8:54 AM  
Blogger Contagion said...

How did they take it away? I guess I'm confused how they could do that on your break... unless they moved your break time...

Either way it sucks.

2:43 PM  
Blogger TalulaZephyr said...

ty so much guys... they took away any breaks for me. they are claiming i am allowed no breaks only a 30 min lunch since i am not a labor employee...

6:05 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

They are a$$holes and a lawsuite waiting to happen.

I still say my dream last night was the perfect scenerio on them....they are animals that would have no problem devouring their young.

Oh yeah, we work in a great place.

I'm sorry darlin'. I'm just so sorry.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do believe they are only required to give one break, Usually a 30 minute lunch. I'm not aware of the osha regulations for labor workers!

If you worked with me. I break for 10 minutes every hour! One of the perks of 3rd shift I suppose! Sorry, don't mean to make you jealous!

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home