.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Love and Koolaid Stains

Email me I'd love to hear from you! talulazephyr@yahoo.com Copyright 2005-2006

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Peaceful Talula

As summer winds down and I reflect on this relaxing place I've been in, I feel really great. I was really dreading the time my kids were going to be gone. But now that im over three weeks in and I am really enjoying myself. I can't wait for them to get back and I miss them terribly, but I've been able to get a lot of things done. I have a whole bunch more to do but I'm not worried about getting it done.

In other news, my blog is a month away from its year anniversary. Its amazing to me how much my life has changed in the past year. I'm definitely at the point now where I want things to level off and stay the same for a little while. Change is great when needed but consistency is key to a happy Talula. I had a customer at the restaurant I'm waitressing at ask me if I bought a new house when I sold my old one last night. (Damn this town is too small.) I said no and she looked at me very puzzled. So I tried to get out as quick as I could by letting her know that it was a divorce. She looked at me with a look of "ooh you poor thing" and said, "Don't worry you'll have another one someday." I'm thinking to myself, no kidding lady but thanks that comment helped me get through the day so much better. So I said I know I will and I'm very happy now. I'm so horrible when strangers ask me personal questions, I don't want to be rude but at the same time I don't want to tell them things either. At my old job it was easier. We were told to lie to our customers about who we were if we had to sell the crap they were selling. I didn't at first but as I needed more money I began stretching the truth more and more. That's one of the reasons I had to leave. I hated who I was becoming. But now I can't even pretend not to tell my costumers anything but the truth because they are all repeat customers and its a very small town. So this is taking a little adjusting on my part. I just hate telling people I'm divorced because I think they automatically assume im a bitter lady.

2 Comments:

Blogger Omnibabe said...

Allow me to be the first to wish you a very happy 1st blogiversary!

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*stops by*

*worries about the silence*

*shuffles away sadly*

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home