.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Love and Koolaid Stains

Email me I'd love to hear from you! talulazephyr@yahoo.com Copyright 2005-2006

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Saturday, March 04, 2006

The whole world isn't evil?

Yesterday, the company that laid me off, did a much more evil thing to someone I care about very much. For me, it still hurts to go anywhere near that place. I won't even drive down that street anymore. I was never fired or laid off before. I think that all the feelings I have are normal except one.

While I was working there I hated the company and began to think all other companies were run the same way. I worked at very cold companies before that treated people like numbers, but this company topped the list. It wasn't just that they treated us like that but they tried to play us against each other. We were not allowed to make any decisions for ourselves. THAT was new. I NEVER, even at Little Caesar's (hehe), had a boss that didn't encourage new and creative solutions. Not only did they treat me like a number but they tried to strip the humanity completely out of me. I wasn't allowed any personal phone calls, they took away my breaks and they read all my emails. For a while I think it worked. I felt myself changing to "fit in." Or maybe I changed because I was afraid of losing my job. Either way, I know exactly what to look for at future companies now. NOONE deserves that! Yes, I realize that while you are at work you need to work. But a company that frowns upon "forging" friendships with fellow employees is just insane. There are plenty of shitty companies out there, but at least you can bitch about them on your lunch hour with your good friends, the other disgruntled employees. Is that too much to ask, a company that just controls my paycheck and not the rest of me?

But things are working out for me. I am so much happier! I don't yell at my babies like I used to. I have so much more patience. When I think about what I almost let that place do to me I cry. I am so much stronger and happier now. My determination to reach my personal goals has never been stronger. I believe God laid this experience in front of me to better prepare me for my future in my profession. Teaching is a very difficult job faced with adversity everyday. What better to prepare me for a classroom full of high school students than a workplace full of back stabbing cliques?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Caesar's.. Oh Good times. I used to work there when I was 16. Oh how I wish to go back to the good ole days sometimes. lol

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home