.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Love and Koolaid Stains

Email me I'd love to hear from you! talulazephyr@yahoo.com Copyright 2005-2006

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Saturday, March 11, 2006

GO Duece!!

The show last night was awesome and splendiferous. I've only had about 3 hours sleep but it was well worth it. Duece and one of our other friends were the bells of the ball. His family and friends all came out to open his show. Talk about a diverse crowd. It was held in a bit of a shady area, but apparently thats what the artists do... they move into areas where the rent is cheap to set up galleries and then the area takes off. Im a bit ignorrant to it all, but last night I felt like I found my piece of heaven. There was art everywhere and people too. A fashoin show for my other friends work walked right in front of me, hell actually bumped into me. As "London Calling" came over the speakers in the gallery a tall lanky blonde with red undertones bumped right into me, thats when i realized I was standing in the middle of the runway. Later in the evening I was kissed by a homeless poet who shared his work. I may post some at a later date, I have to figure it out first. All in all it was a very suprising evening, it ended at a bar with a few too many for my sis. She wasn't sick--it was far worse. She proceeded to tell everyone we were with how wonderful I am. Ok it may sound like I am an ungrateful sister but... everytime lil one gets tipsy and I do mean EVERYTIME, she sings my praises to the people we are around. I know my sis is proud of me and I love her dearly but it really is embarassing and I never know quite how to handle it. I just smile, nod and ask her politely to stop. But there is no stoping her when she is on a roll. I think she thinks she can find me a man by telling all the ones in earshot how wonderful I am, lol. Anyway, I love her and I was prepared for such the occassion. So no harm. It was cute and I had a wonderful time. Duece was a great sucess and I am so proud to call him my almost-family, AHEM hint-hint!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home