.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Love and Koolaid Stains

Email me I'd love to hear from you! talulazephyr@yahoo.com Copyright 2005-2006

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Tele--Whoo?

OK so I work as a telemarketer... please don't throw things. I really need a job and these people are really fun. After my last experience I thought, how hard could it be to have phones slammed in your ear lol. But really im kinda good at it. Its fun, I meet a lot of people and I get to talk on the phone all day!!! The atmosphere at the job is very zany! Because its kind of stressful, the people I work with have decided to cope with it by being really pleasant to each other, whodathunkit. They dance, sing and actually talk to each other at breaks. I forgot that work could actually be fun. Well its not much of a job I guess, but its really good to build my confidence back up and get me out of the house for at least a little while. I'm only working part time because of school. But Butterfly got to go back to school so she is thrilled. I haven't started the selling yet, I have just been doing surveys. I can honestly say, the people who telemarket really are everyday people. I thought they were some kind of trolls that were forbidden from entering the rest of the world and the only means of communication was the telephone and a autodialer. So I go from hating my job to working in the most hated profession, hehe. I'm on a roll, I'll be totally prepared for my students, lmao.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A job's a job. I don't hate the person making the call... I'm annoyed with the company that came up with the idea to call my house at 7:45pm as my kids are falling asleep.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world. Everyone hates me for the junk mail they recieve.:) It's a work of heart!
Am I not human? Wow! that question could be debated. lol
It's all coming together now Talula!

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's honest work, and - having worked briefly as a delivery guy for an Olan Mills Portrait Studio telemarketing operation - I have more sympathy for telemarketers than most people.

If I ever actually answer (I usually just let the answering machine pick up), I always interrupt their speil with "no thank you" in a pleasant tone and immediately hang up. Although it's slightly rude on the surface, it's also a courtesy in that it lets them move on to calling someone else who might actually be interested in what they're selling, instead of wasting time with me.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home