.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Love and Koolaid Stains

Email me I'd love to hear from you! talulazephyr@yahoo.com Copyright 2005-2006

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Charlie, Then and Now....

Ok so I know everyone has already touched on this subject but I just got a chance to see the movie. I love the original Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. But I really must say, I love what Tim Burton has done with the place. He moved a chair or two and rearrange some songs; but man what a brilliant display of colorful imagination. Burton's movies are all wonderful in my opinion but this one is exquisite. Not because Burton did it, but its because he tested his own boundaries. Most of Burton's films tend to be monochromatic and he doesn't stray far from that in the beginning of the film to emphasis the struggle of Charlie's family. But my absolute favorite part of the movie was the ending. I have to watch the original again, which I own, but the new version is much happier I think. Chralie's family works hard through their monetary problems and pulls themselves up. Wonka doesn't pity them or give them charity. Instead the family sees this as an opportunity for them to grow as a family and strengthen. It was a wonderful retelling of a classic childhood story. I watched it with my kids and we analyzed it together, it was magnificent. Thank you Mr. Burton!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been tagged with a meme. Go to my site for the details.

7:52 PM  
Blogger That 1 Guy said...

I've still yet to see it... sounds like it would be cool, I just haven't taken the time.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home