.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Love and Koolaid Stains

Email me I'd love to hear from you! talulazephyr@yahoo.com Copyright 2005-2006

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Ahh Mistakes

To err is human, to forgive....

Divine does not even do forgiveness justice. People who forgive are often overlooked, stepped on, and even abused. Being an avid forgiver, I feel I have all rights in stating these truths. Forgivers unite against the world of wrong doers!!!

Oh wait a sec.... shoot I forgot we do wrong as well. Dammit, that bites. Ok, ok so we make mistakes. Being a forgiver and making a mistake is really rough for me. First off, I hate admitting I'm wrong. So after I get over that hurdle, I have to make ammends. I fear that my ammends making powers are weak. Two key elements are patience and time. Neither of which I have enough of. However; for things like love and friendship (both of which come along far too seldom in our lifetimes) we have to make the time and find the patience.

The underlying key I have yet to touch on is power. When you forgive someone you have the power. To be willing to admit your mistakes and take your lumps is relinquishing a bit of your power in the relationship. And how can u be sure the relationship will ever be the same? The answer is.... the relationship will not be the same, either it will be stronger or will fail all together. In either case mistakes are bound to happen no matter what side of the coin you are on. To be in a strong relationship, I think, (not that I have been in many) is to provide strength when the other is weak. In other words, when you see the other falling, gently guide them back to the path you know they want to be on. Support, trust, reposibility, and understanding are all more powerful than love but put them together with love and you have a life long relationship that will strengthen your soul.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That question crackity has so many possibilities.

Usually it is only when love leaves us do we realize what went wrong and why. We are forced to stare ourselves in the face and see who we are.

It is impossible to make somebody love you, just as it is impossible to take back what happened in the past.

The horrible thing about love is that it can be so one sided. You can love somebody with all you have and not recieve it in return, so very tragic!

I think we learn from everything that has happened in life. New possibilities, new hope and new you. The best advice I think...

Love yourself, then share it with somebody without regard, without fear and without predjudice!

Good Luck crackity!

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home